Light direction in scenaries

For questions regarding the models and airports / Bei Fragen zu Modellen und Airports
musicaldoc

Light direction in scenaries

Post by musicaldoc »

Hi, I need to change the light direction in the scenary Dietesdorf_Tables in order to have the shadows exactly under the models, as if the sun was at the zenith.

I have opened and edited the Dietersdorf_Tables.xml file in the Skybox directory, changing the <Lightdir> values but nothing changes, how can I do it please?

Thank you.
Michael

Re: Light direction in scenaries

Post by Michael »

Hi, that is the right way o do it. What values did you use?

Michael
musicaldoc

Post by musicaldoc »

Hi Michael, thank you for answering.

I was editing the wrong file... I was working on Dietersdorf_Tables.xml file because I thought that that was the one used in the Dietersdorf_Tables Scene.

I instead noticed in the code that the one loaded is the Dietersdorf.xml, so working on it I finally today solved my issue getting the sun from where I need in the Dietersdorf_Tables scene.

Just one question, I'm toggling on the matrix when I work on objects and positions, but it's difficult, at least for me, to understand the values of the grid of the specific environment, is there a way or a place where I can see the values of the grid lines in order to work more fastly instead of trying randomnly?

Thanks
Roberto
Michael

Post by Michael »

Yes: Turn in the status line, toggle the status file format until it shows the position of the helicopter. Then you cn use these coordinates...
Michael

Post by Michael »

Yes: Turn in the status line, toggle the status file format until it shows the position of the helicopter. Then you cn use these coordinates...
musicaldoc

Post by musicaldoc »

Great, found it, thank you Michael!

Roberto